It’s that time again.
Here we go with this week’s best articles from the world of health and fitness across the net.
As always, if you think I’ve missed anything, or read a piece you think deserves a mention, let me know.
If I had £1 for every time someone asked me ‘what’s the best diet?’ I’d have enough cash to fund the the research and development for a calorie-free Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.
As it is, when people do ask me what the best diet is, I spend a good 20 minutes explaining that there’s no ‘best diet,’ that it really comes down to calorie balance, no food is inherently good or bad, that said person can theoretically eat whatever they like within moderation, that they probably DO eat too many calories at the moment if they’re not losing weight, and that it’s worth spending some time learning about calories and macros.
Basically, I waste my breath for the best part of half an hour, sound like a boring fuck, and talk to them a few weeks later to find they’re on a Body Coach plan.
What I’ll do now, is send them here instead.
Read the full article here
1. The #LCHF Weight Loss Industry & Evangelising Low Carb by Evelyn Carbsane
2. 5 Spine-Sparing Strength and Conditioning Program Strategies by Eric Cressey
3. Training for Hypertrophy: How to Manipulate the Mechanisms of Muscle Growth by Jorden Pagel for Roman Fitness Systems
4. Why I Prefer Training Women by Tony Gentilcore
5. Three Hardgainer Mistakes and How to Avoid Them by Eric Bach
6. Contest Prep Aftermath: Reverse Diet and Training Gone Right by Alycia Israel for EliteFTS
7. Starting Weightlifting Over 40 by Brad Borland for Breaking Muscle
8. Genetically Modified Organisms by Brad Dieter
9. 3 Reasons You Can’t Train Like a Juicer by Christian Thibaudeau for T-Nation
10. Complexes and the Holy Grail by Tanner Baze
11. Juice+ is a Big Fucking Minus by James Fell
12. Squats: The Secret Sauce to Size by Ben Johnson
13. Adiposephobia: The Fear of Gaining Fat by Steve Hall
Why not give it a share on Facebook or Twitter?
Disagree with anything? Then let me know.
You can reach out via Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HealthyLivingHeavyLifting
If you want to support HLHL by strutting your stuff in some sexy-as-hell gear, visit the shop by going HERE
Guaranteed to increase your total by 17.35% and add 1.3″ to your arms*
Click HERE to see what we’ve got.
* Note – claims are not substantiated in any way whatsoever.
Mike Samuels and HLHL cannot be held responsible if wearing the clothing actually makes you smaller and weaker.Tags: best fitness articles, fitness bloggers, personal trainer articles, tuesday's good reads
Sign up to the newsletter for regular updates